it beats the hell out of doing laundry

Monday, April 04, 2005

got my game face on

this is it. i am prepared to engage in an epic battle -- a battle fought by millions of women the world over. it will require strength, determination and strategy. i've fought this battle many times before, and am not ashamed to admit i have lost more than once. there's no shame in accepting defeat when served to you by such a worthy opponent. but this time, i'm ready. yes, now it is time for ME vs. The Bangs.

okay, a tad melodramatic, but this is no joke! these bangs are currently the bane of my existence. I HATE THEM. but, obviously, i have no one to blame but myself. i cut them in a fit of 3rd-trimester insanity, and i actually quite enjoyed them for awhile, because a new look when your pregnant is always welcome. but now they look stupid. and scraggly. and crooked! yes, i cut them myself. shut up. why hasn't anyone invented a device that delivers an electric shock when you frivolously decide that bangs would be cute?? seriously, it would make you pause and remember the 50 other times you cut bangs on a whim and regretted it!

and why do models' bangs always look so good? i know, i've been around long enough to know not to think my hair will look anything like pictures in a magazine, but there's always that hope, you know? but this time i know what i need to do: i need to dismiss any notion that my bangs will suddenly become cute if i use the right product, hide my scissors, stock my arsenal of barrettes and bobbypins and suck it up. you have no idea how hard this is going to be for me. VERY HARD. but i am determined. i am ready. oh wait, i need to get my eyebrows waxed! heh. but after that, BRING IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home