it beats the hell out of doing laundry

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

VICTORY!

YES! first, let me say thanks to you ladies who offered words of encouragement over my crafty predicament. things continued to get testy via the listserv, and i finally convinced others that we needed to break free from the oppressive dictatorship of SAHMs Who Craft Ugly Things And Wear Mom Jeans! we are starting our own collective, and i am beyond happy. check out these cool chicks and their wares:

awesome stuff, yes?? these are the confirmed members of the new collective, and i'm hoping there will be a few more very soon. so now we just need a name, because there is an amazing opportunity for heidi from my paper crane to be on a DIY network show with some other crafty friends to promote the group, and they need to know the group name! like NOW! give me some suggestions, dudes. i know you all are creative and shit. here are my least lame ideas so far:

  • Indie Craft Brigade (or just Craft Brigade)
  • Craft Mutiny! (something pirate-y would kick ass)

uhhh, i guess that's all i got. thoughts? ideas? suggestions?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craft Brigade. Vaguely militant. I like it.

I totally missed all this shit going down but good for you for doing what you need to do.

Gonna go check out these links now.

7:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home