it beats the hell out of doing laundry

Monday, June 12, 2006

skateboard karate


skateboard karate
Originally uploaded by workforidlehands.
so i've been obsessed with making stencils to paint on shirts -- i suck at detailed stencils, so stick with obvious silhouetted images i can make from photos. anyway, i made these stencils of two of my favorite things: skateboarder and karate dude! these shirts are embroidered, which looks pretty cool, but i can't wait to paint some up in groovy colors.

is it just me, or does my generation have a bizarre fascination with skateboards? seriously, i'm still attracted to that "skater look" i found so irresistible 20 years ago. hrm. oh, and karate dudes will never not be cool in my book.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These designs are hella wikket! 60 Bugs is going to make you a world-renowned crafting superstar, mark my words.

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh love the new designs! I'm with you, I heart skater boys will forever be written on my book bags and everything else. But I prefer Kung Fu over karate :)

Can't wait till Saturday!

9:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes to skateboards. i'm a betty from way back. and karate dudes just have innate fun factor, like pirates or monkeys.

9:03 PM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

a) yes on the skater crushes. still.

b) those are some fine designs, baby.

*wipes drool from chin*

5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home